Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Grounding Mats Reviewed
It’s really important that we stay connected with nature. Though you might think otherwise if you look around society, the great outdoors is where we come from, and, some would say, where we belong.
However, there are undoubtedly benefits to living in cities and having spaces that protect us from the elements. Plus, the responsibilities that we all have mean that we can’t spend as much time in nature as we might like.
Fortunately, you don’t always have to go into the outdoors to reconnect with nature when you acquire one of the best grounding mats.
There are things you can do right in the comfort of your own home, such as using a grounding mat, which is also called an earthing. These help you to access the earth’s electricity flow, even when you can’t get into the outdoors.
In an ideal world, you’d be able to walk barefoot across the sand every morning, but if you’re like most people, then this won’t be an option. An earthing pad and other earthing products can be the perfect solution to this problem.
However, if you’re going to reap all the benefits that an earthing pad can bring, then it’s important that you’re investing in the right one.
There are many available on the market, but that doesn’t mean that they’re all going to work. As with all items, you sometimes get what you pay for. If you buy a cheap grounding kit, then you’ll run the risk of it not working. If you buy a quality grounding mat or earthing pad, then you’ll be in a position to receive the benefits that these products can bring, which include improved sleep, reduced anxiety, and reduce inflammation, among others.
So it’s not just about buying any old grounding mat, but finding the one that’s right for you — if you do that, then it won’t be long before you notice that your life and wellbeing has improved.
Check Out Our Favorite Grounding Mat
Top Grounding Mats Comparison Chart
Best Grounding Mat
If you have any doubts about earthing kits or what you need to do, then The Original Universal Grounding Mat by Earthing might just be the one for you. Not only were they one of the first companies to manufacture such products, but in their kits, they include everything that you’d need, plain and simple.
In the pack, you’ll find two different mats, both of the same size (12.5″ x 29″ each), which makes it ideal for couples who want to both try grounding. This is also useful if you split your time sleeping in two different spaces or if you have to travel frequently.
You’ll be able to leave one on your bed and the other ready to take with you. There are two fifteen feet cords included in the pack, and 2 US safety adapters too. There’s even an outlet checker (with instructions included), so you have peace of mind that your mat is working as it should.
And to top it all off, the pack also comes with a book all about the importance and benefits of earthing. In short, this is a pack that leaves little to the imagination; it walks you through everything, and that’s just what you want from a grounding kit, especially if you’re new to all this.
But of course, it’s only good having everything in a pack if the product works, and that’s just the case here, with many consumers saying that they received some or all of the benefits that the manufacturer said they would receive.
- GET GROUNDED: Grounding refers to going barefoot outdoors for 30 minutes per day. However, it’s not always possible to go outside. These mats help you connect to the earth anywhere. (Note: You must have grounded outlets in order to use these products.)
- ULTIMATE KIT: With your purchase you’ll receive everything you need to get grounded - 2 Universal Mats (12.5"x29" each), 2 Coil Cords (15' each), 2 U.S. Safety Adapters, and 1 Outlet Checker along with a free copy of the book Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever!.
- SAFE & NON-TOXIC MATERIALS: Our Grounding Mats are made with eco-friendly and non-toxic materials. We’ve used vinyl-free PU resin that’s infused with carbon pigment and TPE closed-cell foam.
- IMPRESSIVE HEALTH BENEFITS: Being grounded can provide health benefits like better sleep, less stress, reduced inflammation, headache or tension relief, improved circulation, and more energy.
- EASY TO USE: To get grounded, first test a wall outlet for proper ground. Next, connect your mat into the U.S. Safety Adapter and then plug it into your outlet. Place your feet, arms, or any other part of your body on the mat. That’s it! Now you’re grounded and can reap the health benefits!
The Newbeau Therapy Grounding Mat is considered to be one of the best on the market, and it’s not hard to see why. This is a well-designed, well-made mat that has won plenty of plaudits from consumers.
So what is there to love about this may? Plenty, as it turns out. For starters, it’s a good size for sleeping on — and the manufacturer has helpfully made it so that it’s easy to attach to the bed. Some mats can move around when they’re being slept on, but that’s not the case with this mat.
All you’ll need to do is open up the packaging, lay it on your bed (the leather side is placed up, the cotton side is placed down), plug it into the outlet, and you’re done. Talking of outlets, this one comes with a standard US plug and a generous 15 foot cable.
That means that you should be able to use wherever you are, even if you’re not sleeping directly next to a plug socket. The mat has a dimension of 54” x 71”, and it’s to care for you, too. You don’t need to put the mat in the washing machine (actually, they say that you shouldn’t); you just have to wipe it down with a damp cloth. Easy!
The reviews of the product typically say that it’s easy to use, and highly portable — and that it works, with many people saying that they woke up feeling refreshed and full of energy after using it overnight.
- [Product Details] - 100% Highly-conductive PU carbon leatherette with breathable holes and elastic straps to keep fixed on the mattress when using. This grounding kit contains 54" x 71" grounding mat, 15 foot grounding cable ( applied to US socket ), grounding instructions and color box, suitable as a gift directly, no need for additional gift packaging.
- [Health Benefits] - From book 'Grounding' by clinton ober M.D., we know that grounding can reduce stress, reduce chronic pain, speed healing, improve sleep, increase energy, normalize blood pressure and blood flow, relieve muscle tension and headache, improve menstrual and female hormone symptoms, reduce jet lag, help support adrenal health, lower stress and promoting calmness, protect the body from effects of EMFs.
- [Working Principle] - Grounding therapy is defined as touching the Earth with your skin. Our grounding pads enable you to absorb the external energy of the Earth by making use of the skin¡¯s natural moisture as a conductor throughout the night. The grounding mat helps to reduce pain, stress as well as improve sleep cycles for deeper sleep. In addition, consistent use of our sleep mats may also help you to decrease?stress?and?tension.
- [Use Easily] - The leather-like side goes up and the cotton side goes down. Make contact with the wipe-able carbon leather-like side directly. Connect the cable to connector on the mat and socket on the wall. It will work effectively.
- [After sales & Advice] - No washing the ground mat in the washing machine in case of damage the mat. Generally, you can simply wipe off the ground therapy sleep mat with a water dampened cloth. Do not use any detergents with bleach or natural oils like lavender or coconut oil as they will reduce work efficiency of the grounding mat as a result of destroy the conductivity of the silver. Leather taste is normal, and it can be removed by a few days of natural ventilation.
If you have your eyes set on getting a grounding mat that you will also find comfortable, then check out Skysp Silver Fiber Grounding Mat.
You’ll get all the health benefits that a grounding may bring, but the main draw of this product — the one that sets it apart from many other similar products on the market — is that it’s certifiably comfortable.
They’re made from high-quality material, a “premium blend of 400 thread count cotton,” according to the manufacturer. This makes it extra soft, so you can enjoy grounding directly on the skin.
In fact, if you want to get the best results, then it’s important that you are using it directly on the skin. If you’re planning to sleep on this mat (and that’s recommended), then you can simply put it over your top sheet, so that you’re lying on it directly.
Another feature of this mat is that you can wash it by hand or in the washing machine; with some mats, you can’t put them in the washing machine. The only crucial detail is that you use only warm water, not hot.
The other good thing about this mat is that it comes from a company that really knows their stuff, and also, they care. For example, they include clamps into the kit because they know that mats can move for people when they’re asleep if they roll around when they’re in bed.
- 100% Cotton & Silver Thread - SKYSP Grounding sheets are crafted from a premium blend of 400 thread count, high-quality, soft, so you can enjoy direct-to-skin grounded contact (for maximum effect)
- Healthy Lifestyle - You can experience effortless health benefits and electrostatic shielding protection with our Grounding bed sheets, improve sleep, increase energy, and reduce stress, inhibition of hormonal excess, relieve menstrual symptoms and so on
- Easy to Use - One end of the grounding cord in the set is used to connect the bed sheet, and the other end is inserted into the grounding jack on the wall.
- Target Users - Good for the old and the young, also pregnant women and baby. Especially for people with poor sleep quality, grounding make you healthier!
- 100% Money Back - We truly want you to be happy with your grounding sheets and our professional customer service will do whatever it takes to ensure your satisfaction, we are offering a 100% money back, no questions asked
Another product that gets favorable reviews from consumers is the NeatEarthing Conductive Carbon Grounding Mat. There are two different sizes of this product, so you can get the one that’s right for your needs. They offer a 27’’ x 71’’ mat for half beds and a 54’’x 71’’ mat for double beds. So if you’re part of a couple, but only one of you wants to use the mats, then you’ll have the option of just getting a mat that fits for one of you to use.
This has been well-designed. One of the problems with cheaper mats is that they become a little uncomfortable, because the heat that we produce when we’re sleeping just hasn’t been factored in, but that’s not the case here.
The design is perforated with several vent holes, so that things stay comfortable and ventilated if you’re using it on bare skin. Some people prefer to put it under their top sheet, and that’s also fine — but if you’re going to do that, then it’s best to get a sheet that’s as thin as simple. Keeping the mat clean is easy and straightforward, too. You just need to wipe it down with warm water.
The design has made it so that it’s easy to get set up and running; you just need to plug it in and go. As well as the effectiveness of the product, many consumers have also highlighted the exploratory customer service of the company in their reviews.
- 1.Earthing Grounding Sleep Mat: two size you can choose, 27’’x 71’’ and 54’’x 71’’, for half bed and whole bed. Black as the picture. The leather-like side goes up and the cotton side goes down. Make contact with the wipe-able carbon leather-like side. Made of durable, long-lasting, highly-conductive, vegan-friendly carbon leatherette.
- 2.Benefits of Earthing & Grounding: Grounding Sleep Mat helps shift your nervous system, return to its normal state, reduce pain, decrease stress and tension, accelerated recovery and healing, get better and sounder sleep, and wake up in the morning feeling more relaxed with no back pain and more energy. A huge difference in overall energy after using it.
- 3.Perforated design keep several vent holes for comfortable and breathable bare skin contact to the grounding sleep mat. Elastic strap to keep the mat stay in place on your mattress, either over or under your fitted sheet, for an unnoticeable feel, won’t fall off when you sleep on it.
- 4. The more your bare skin comes in contact with the mat directly, the quicker the electron transfer takes place and the more benefit you receive.If you can be comfortable laying directly on the mat, then that's what you do.But if you do choose to place your Ground Therapy Sleep Mat under your sheet, just make sure your sheet is made of 100% natural fibers. Choose a fabric that's as thin as possible for more conductivity. Good choices are 100% linen, silk, cotton, or bamboo.
- 5. Washing Suggestion: We typically don't recommend washing the Ground Therapy Sleep Mat in the washing machine, worry that would damage the mat. For general cleaning, you can simply wipe off the Ground Therapy Sleep Mat with a water dampened cloth. And just clean that with foamy water when your little kids sometimes have an accident on the mat.
A relative newcomer on the market is the Earth And Moon Grounding Mat, which has been touted as one of the most affordable options on the market.
It’s not just the affordability of the product that should pique your interest. There are other features to love, too. For starters, it’s smaller. A lot of the best-selling mats come in a large size, often enough to fit a double bed, but this one is a bit smaller.
At just 26.77 x 18.11 inches, you can take it with you wherever you want, including at the office. While you can happily sleep on the item, it’s also flexible enough to be used elsewhere. You can place your feet on it when you’re watching television, for example, or when you’re working at your computer.
They’ve also been made out of durable materials, so they’ll last a long time — but if you have any doubts or problems, then the company offers a 1 year warranty.
- 🔵 PREMIUM MATERIALS; Our Earth and Moon Grounding Mats are made with soft high quality conductive Polyurethane synthetic leather which is completely animal friendly. Our mat measures 26.6" x 35.4" making it one of the largest and most versatile mats on the market. You can use it for meditation, to put under your laptop or desk to rest your feet, you can even sleep on it. It also comes with a 15 foot grounding cord with an inbuilt safety resistance of 100k.
- 🔵 WHAT IS GROUNDING?; Grounding is the way to harness the earth’s natural energy. When your bare skin comes into contact with the earth, or our grounding mat, your body takes on free electrons which are natures antioxidants that can assist with health issues and general well-being. There are many cases of the grounding mat assisting with inflammation, reduction in chronic pain, improvement in sleep etc
- 🔵 QUICK AND EASY SET UP; 1. Take your mat out of the packaging. 2. Attach the snap on grounding cord to the mat, 3. Plug it in to the ground socket in your outlet. DONE! Enjoy your grounding mat. We have also included an easy set of instructions which come with the mat, but if you have any questions we have great customer support, so just send us a message and we will get back to you quicker than you know it.
- 🔵 MAKES FOR THE PERFECT GIFT; Give your friends or family the gift of grounding for christmas, birthdays or just because you love them. Never be short on ideas when the time for giving comes. Our grounding mat is sure to put a smile on their face.
- 🔵. 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED; Our grounding mat is backed by our manufacturer 30 day money back guarantee with a 2 year free replacement warranty. Remember, if you don't like it we will refund you with our customer satisfaction guarantee within the first 30 days!
Top Grounding Mat Features To Consider
By this stage, you’re probably looking forward to getting your very own mat or pad, and seeing just what benefits it can bring to your life.
We’ve outlined some of the best above for your consideration, but if you’re still unsure, or you’re looking elsewhere, then take a read of this section.
Here we’re going to run through some of the benefits of grounding that you should look for in a quality ground mat, as well as some of the benefits that you should look for once you start using yours. If you don’t notice the benefits, then it could be that you need to invest in a different, better earthing pad.
The first thing you should think about is size. There are many different options available to purchase, and the truth is that size isn’t the most important thing when it comes to getting results. You can make a connection to the earth even if the mat is only small; but if you’re planning to sleep on it, then one that’s only big enough to fit your hand probably isn’t going to be all that useful to you. You don’t necessarily need to buy a mat that covers the whole of your bed, but if you’re forever rolling around and ending up far from where you began sleeping, then it’ll be a good idea to get a larger one.
Also, think about comfort. Unless you’re the heaviest sleeper around, you won’t reach the land of Nod if you’re lying on a really hard mat. Most manufacturers don’t make them hard, of course, because they expect people to sleep on them. But if you’re one of those people that places a high priority on comfort, then go for cotton. That material is both soft and helps with moisture issues.
You should also look at how the mat is going to conduct the charge of electricity that comes from the earth. You’ll find that most mats use silver, but it may be useful to look for one that uses a different material, such as carbon. If you plan to take it with you from place to place, then place a higher priority on portability. All mats are portable, but some are easier to carry than others.
So now you’ve got an idea of what type of may you should be looking for, let’s think about how you’ll know you’ve made the right choice. You’ll know that you’re lying on the right one if you begin to feel earthing benefits. There’s no point investing in a mat if it’s not going to bring anything to your life. If you use the mat consistently, then you should notice that you have more energy, feel less fatigued, and that your mood has improved — mats help to decrease anxiety and depression, after all. Perhaps the most identifiable benefit you’ll notice is that you’re sleeping better. For best results, you’ll have to wait for a couple of weeks of consistent use.