Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Dirty Electricity Filters Reviewed
Many home owners are surprised to hear that their home likely produces dirty electricity, or what is otherwise known as electrical noise. This commonality of dirty electricity is usually produced by so many electronic devices demanding a wide variance in household electrical load.
Dirty electricity produces electromagnetic fields that show spikes and valleys that are both unpredictable and very disruptive for thsoe with EMF sensitivities. Thankfully there is a simple solution to reduce that high frequency electrical noise in your home: buying a dirty electricity filter.
Dirty electricity filters are simple and affordable devices, and the best dirty electricity filters can make a huge difference on EMF fluctuations without your home
Since it’s always worth doing a bit of research beforehand, we wanted to share our insights as well as our favorite electricity filters. Electrosmog is becoming more and more commonplace today and we think your home should be your safe haven.
With that in mind, you can find quick answers to your questions in the comparison chart, and see which electricity filters landed our top picks in the helpful reviews below.
So without further adieu, lets check them out!
Top Dirty Electricity Filter Comparison Chart
Best Dirty Electricity Filter
Greenwave is also known to pay attention to detail, and with their most recently upgraded model of dirty electricity filters, they’ve come out with a top product. Moreover, Greenwave filters come with many important features.
Greenwave filters come with built in outlets. These are situated at the base of the filters, ensuring that easy access for any devices you need to plug in. This ensures a very simple plug through system that makes the filters very convenient for your moving household.
Greenwave places great emphasis on value for money. For example, if you buy a kit that’s built for a one bedroom home, you’ll get 8 filters in the packet in total. For your entire house, that’s 4 rooms that can be fitted with a filter, priced at only $224.
However, these filters do not come with surge protectors built into the product. As long as you have an external surge protector source to plug them into, they should be fine to use with big devices like TVs, monitors and computers.
- Kit includes 8 Greenwave filters, enough for approximately 4 rooms total.
- Greenwave filters reduce DIRTY ELECTRICITY present on electrical wiring in homes and other buildings.
- Simply plug the filters into electrical outlets for immediate results.
- Filters include a built-in outlet at their base for plug-through convenience.
- Results can be measured easily with Greenwave's EMI Dirty Electricity Meter (sold separately).
One of the main draws of the Satic Power Perfect Box is the fact that it works as a singular dirty electricity filter. Rather than working on an outlet by outlet basis, the Satic Power Perfect Box works on filtering out the dirty electricity in your home at large. This could be incredibly convenient for any and all homes, but for a home that uses a single circuit breaker to run their electrical wires off of, using a single DE filter in the form of a power box could be the number one solution in terms of saving money and space.
Not the most easy to install, the Power Perfect Box is attached to the main power supply within your home, and thus, you may require the aid of a professional electrician in trying to fit this device.
Satic Power Perfect Box also comes with the claim that over time, it will reduce your electricity bill by at least 10%. However, this claim cannot be guaranteed, and it’s important to remember that every home is different, and dealing with various levels of dirty electricity and EMF radiation.
- Whole Home Dirty Electricity filtering solution that filters and conditions harmful dirty electricity in the ENTIRE HOUSE (as opposed to just on certain circuits as with plug-in solutions) to provide clean energy to your whole home.
- Reduces Your Electric Bill 10-15% or MORE - Pays for itself over time
- Surge Protection (Complete System Protection), Voltage Regulation (Protects Sensitive Equipment), THD & Electric Interference (EMI) Reduction (Clear Video and Audio)
- FAR SUPERIOR to plug in Dirty Electricity filter solutions on the market that can CREATE magnetic fields and INCREASE power consumption.
- Made in the USA
Because of this, the Stetzerizer DE filter can provide more high quality electrical currents to your devices, resulting in much better device management, and far fewer EMF radiation symptoms. Customers often mention being able to sleep more easily, and for longer, and report fewer headaches when devices are switched on.
A Stetzerizer dirty electricity filter is a simple plug and go filter; it’s very easy to install, and won’t take much time or attention to get working safely and efficiently. Reviewers comment on how simple it is to get these DE filters up and running, and that it’s best to plug them into surge protectors to get the best results in terms of reducing current EMF readings.
However, the Stetzerizer does not come with built in outlets, so they will take up space as and when you use them. For someone with a small home and few sockets to make use of, this might not be the best filter for you.
- Power Line EM Filter
- Reduce Undersirable Power Line EM Radiation Levels
Reported to be most effective when plugged straight into the wall outlet itself, the Satic Pure Power Plug can also be used when plugged into a power strip. Thanks to this fact, the Pure Power Plug can be considered a very versatile DE filter compared to its competitors.
One of the main benefits of the Pure Power Plug is the fact that it comes with its own surge protection. Noted to be very powerful, devices are reported to run for much longer, with no overheating as time goes on. At the same time, the Pure Power Plug does not come with any EMF radiation generating technology of its own; completely different to quite a few other filters on the market.
Similarly, the Pure Power Plug comes with a good sense of value for money. Satic themselves are running a discount on the system; buy 2 units at a time and you’ll get 10% off your total order. Considering a home will need at least 2 filters per room, this could be a very inexpensive way to get your house covered against dirty electricity and the ensuing EMF radiation that could be making you sick.
- The Satic Pure Power Plug-In is the most advanced DIRTY ELECTRICITY filtering plug in on the market today. It plugs directly into any 3 prong electrical outlet (120 volt) and conditions every electrical device plugged into that circuit
- Electronics and appliances on that circuit will run cooler, smoother and last longer. It provides powerful surge protection, voltage regulation, power factor correction, EMF and electrical noise reduction, and equipment protection and longevity.
- The Satic Pure Power Plug-In will make your appliances and electronics run cooler, smoother, last longer and run more efficiently, thereby saving energy and SAVING YOU MONEY! A convenient outlet is on the front so that no outlet space is lost. Common places to plug in this unit are: Kitchen, Home Office, Entertainment Center, Living Room.
- NO OTHER SYSTEM has this extraordinary combination of circuit board design, optimized power factor correction modules, line conditioning, voltage regulation, nano-surge filtration, electromagnetic field reduction (LOW MAGNETIC field output plus REDUCTION OF EXISTING MAGNETICS) and negative harmonics reduction with extremely robust surge protection.
- Buy 2 units get 10% OFF, Buy 3 units get 15% OFF, Buy 4 units get 20% OFF. Discount automatically applied at checkout.
One of the main budget friendly DE filters currently available on the market, the NOXTAK model currently retails for $89 a piece. For someone needing to clean up their home on a string budget, this could be the best option for them right now – NOXTAK themselves recommended that a dirty electricity filter be fitted in each room in the house, but for any room over the size of 194 square feet, you’re going to need one at each end of the space.
The NOXTAK dirty electricity filter comes with an inbuilt outlet to make use of. This ensures any outlet you use up in your home by plugging this filter in will not cause a lack of convenience for your household.
The NOXTAK dirty electricity filter is also extremely easy to use. Plug it in, wait for the blue light to come on to indicate it’s set up and working, and then go on about your daily life. However, be sure to keep in mind that LEDs generate EMF radiation, so this may add to your total household reading.
- Dirty Electricity Filter
- SPIRO - EMF Nanomagnetic Polarizing Filter
- Integrated 15-Amp Surge Protector. Built-in Outlet (Type B)
- LED on/off Indicator. Easy plug-in install
- Damage-resistant housing
What is Dirty Electricity?
Dirty electricity is the common name for electricity that gets stuck in the wiring within your household. In more technical terms, it refers to the phenomenon of electromagnetic energy spikes traveling along power lines that should only carry electricity of 50 or 60 Hertz AC.
Dirty electricity is a type of EMF pollution, and is very much a modern problem. When electricity first came into use, any electronics that required it were made to draw on and use only 50 or 60 Hertz AC; in short terms, all electronics use the same amount of power from the same source.
Modern electronics now demand different amounts of power, and the variance can be crazy. In turn, plugging in all kinds of electronics that require a different amount and type of power can cause surges of power that are completely useless. This power cannot be used by any appliances, and thus, it becomes dirty electricity. This useless waste of power sits in electrical wiring and emits EMF radiation into the surroundings.
You may know dirty electricity as dirty power or electrical noise. All of these names refer to the same issue occurring within your home and its wiring.
Measuring Dirty Electricity in Your Household: You need to be aware of how much dirty electricity is in your household. Without knowing this amount, you’re not going to be able to combat the dirty electricity and EMF radiation you’re living with. Before you think about buying any filters for your home, do your research into what you’re having to live with, and if your proposed model will do the job for you.
One of the main things you can do is invest in a dirty electricity meter. It may be an expensive option in the short term, but it gives the most accurate and easy to read estimation of the amount of dirty electricity you’re living with in your house.
You could use a Graham-Stetzer Meter to measure the dirty electricity in your home. A Graham-Stetzer measures dirty electricity in its own units, known as GS. For a healthy amount of dirty electricity in your home, you’ll want to see a reading of 50 GS or below.
You could also use a GreenWave Broadband EMI Meter. This measures dirty electricity in a more simple way using milliVolts. mV readings over 300 are considered to be unhealthy amounts of dirty electricity.
Filtering the Dirty Electricity Out: Now you know what to look for when measuring dirty electricity, it’s time to filter it out of your household. There are some important features that need to be present in any and all dirty electricity filters you consider for your home.
Top Dirty Electricity Filter Features
- Easy to Use – Any filters you do invest in need to be easy to use and install within your home. Ideally, you’ll be on the lookout for a filter that you can just plug in and turn on. Once you do, you should be able to leave it alone, and be secure in the knowledge that it’s filtering out the dirty electricity within that room.
- Safe to Use – Depending on where you are, your filter needs to be made to the safety standards of the governing authority. This is usually set up by continent, so be sure that any filter you get your hands on comes with its own local safety guarantee. You may also want to ensure that the filter you’re planning on buying was made within your region. If you’re in the US, for example, it would be best to buy a filter that was also made in the US. This way, you can be sure it’s made to European safety standards, and will fit any outlet in your household with no issue.
- Fusing – It’s best for a filter to come with internal fusing. If a filter does not have an internal electric field screen, it may be best to pick up a product that does.
- Built In Outlets – When plugging in a dirty electricity filter, you’re going to lose an available plug socket in your home. Because of this, a lot of people turn away from using DE filters in the first place. However, some filters do in fact come with outlets built into their base. So, even when plugging them in, you’re still left with an empty and available plug socket for use in whatever way you see fit.
- Value for Money – Any filter you buy needs to be as inexpensive as you can. Of course, different retailers are going to sell dirty electricity filters for different prices, so look around for the best current price. At the same time, ensure that the filter comes with enough features to make it value for money in the long run. Keep note of those mentioned above for further reference.